Rio Burnham-on-Crouch

Station Road, Burnham-on-Crouch CM0 8HR
Catch all the latest releases at this small-scale, small-town cinema.

Times & tickets

Back to top.

About Rio Burnham-on-Crouch

Contact & About

Burnham-on-Crouch has been lucky enough to have had its own cinema since 1910, but this building, originally called the Prince’s Cinema, opened its doors in 1931. Its style was modelled on the music halls and theatres of the 1920s, and it held on to its old-world charm for many years, being the last film venue in the country to change from gas lights to electricity. In the late 1960s it was renamed the Rio and now has two screens, with capacities of 220 and 60 respectively, both of which bring the latest releases right to the heart of the local community.

Getting Here, Map & Parking